I hope that this sparks Some Controversy. The goal is to look at any sale from a couple of different perspectives.
Any item we Buy, there has to be right Convergence 2 Factors:
1. Importance; It is Important to the Buyer that they Have that item.
2. Urgency: There are a lot of important things we can spend our money on. There are not that many that are Urgent.
In order to make a Purchase, the Buyer has to determine what that they are going to buy the item and that they are going to buy in in a specified Period of TIme.
When you are working on an Opportunity, it is about 3 Elements that a buyer goes through. This is not about trying to say one is more important than they other, but they will all happen while a Buyer Makes their Decision:
1. Relationship: Do I trust the Person selling me this Product or Service? Has the Seller Invested Time to Form a Relationship?
2. Roadmap to Success: By Buying this Product, I can see that it will do what I want, the way that I want it done, and in the time I need it to do it.
3. Customer Success: The Seller needs to make sure the Buyer is confident in seller to not “Sell and Run.”
Think about you as a Buyer and as a Seller. I bet you think these Items through each time you make a Decision?