Think about these questions as a way to get the “rest of the story” behind the requirements, or what may sometimes be called a business issue:
• What is driving this requirement?
• How long has this been an issue?
• If this issue has existed for a while, why do you need to address it now?
• What compelling event has caused you to go forward now with an acquisition?
• If the issue has been out there for a while, are you concerned your competitor may be addressing this business issue and you have not?
There are many ways to do this, but these are some popular ones you can use