When you are at a Show or Event, it is important to have a Strategy. That Strategy is to have a Fewer Conversations but make them more Meaningful.
Buyers don’t come to Shows to learn about Products, in most cases. Since Buyers are smarter, shows and events are a Unique and different opportunity to Interact.
The first thing is to forget about your Product or Service as you start to Engage. Open the conversation with questions Like:
- “If you had to name One Thing you want to leave with from this Event, what would it be?”
- “How do you see your Next Iteration/Generation of your Company/Organization’s Growth?”
- “As move forward, how can We Best Work together to make your organization more Success?”
- “As you move forward as a Business, what do see as your Key Challenges?”
- “Why are you Challenges Important to address Now, vs Last Year or Next Year?”
Focus on what has or what is Changing, and how you help Enable your Customer to best address Issues.
Notice No Where did I use the terms like Product, Feature, Benefit. It was all about Focus on the future and what you can do to help your customer to address Business Issues in Real Time!