I hope some of you are Tuning it the Radio Show. This week, Don Reppert and I talked about a lot of topics. We are in the Age of Enablement. Consider the following points:
- To be better Sales Enabled, Outsiders are Key – it is hard to Change from within – get people to look at what you are doing and not try to Protect what is in place already.
- Enablement needs to be valuable to Seller & Company. If not, then it just becomes One more “Task” that is demanded by Corporate.
- Technology has Advanced a lot. BUT, just because you have a Tool does not Mean you are enabled.
- Review of Opportunities and Accounts: Needs to be done on a Continual basis. If not, then you are usually Behind before you know. It also has to be done in a way that brings value to Seller, and is not a Task.
- Metrics: Are important but different for every organization. There is no “One Size Fits All” in this important area. You have to do it with focus on Each situation.
- Collaborative work with the Customer: In the Era of the Enlightened Customer, you can only do so much Traditional “Selling.” More and more Selling organizations are focused on Collaborative work with their Customers = Joint Planning is Key, not “Close Plans” that are One Way Documents.
- Have a Written baseline for each Account and Opportunity. “In a Vacuum, them with a Plan Wins!”
- Take the appropriate level of Risk out of each transaction. The bigger the opportunity, the more Risk to take out of it.
- Have the appropriate level of Activity for each situation. You can become TOO Activity Driven if you are not careful and that does not do any good. Sales people can be busy and accomplish nothing.
We can expand on each of these areas. This Monday at 4:00 USA EST, we have a real treat: Mike Bosworth, one the Pioneers in Sales Enablement, will be my Guest. Mike and I are going to talk about: “Sales and the Art of the Story.” Great Sellers Tell great stories. I join us like and call in to ask Mike a Question, or catch the Podcast after:
Have a Great Coming week of Selling as you close out your Month!