Hope you catch the Podcast from yesterday Voice America Radio Show – Sales Execution Optimization – the New SEO. You can find it and all of the prior episodes can be found here:
My Guest, Brent Prosser of Infor and I talked about a lot yesterday: The Evolution of Sales in recent times, The Nuts and Bolts of Selling and as we always do, gave our audience some Walkaway Ideas.
- Information is available all the time in any format the potential Buyer Wants – Sellers have to bring Value from the First Interaction
- Good Sellers focus on the Big Picture of what the Buyer is trying to accomplish First
- Technology is present in the as a Tool for Sellers in getting information out and for tracking Sales – But Must be used wisely in any event
- Nuts and Bolts:
- Buyers do more Due Diligence before buying than ever – Sellers have to be Patient in many cases
- Sales Enablement is important, as it is a continually race to Properly Arm Buyers with the Tools they need to be Successful and compete in the World
- Demand Generation is Harder than ever: Social Media is a Vital component, but must be used correctly with the right message being used to Drive Interest & curiosity
- Walk Away Ideas
- Sellers: Treat Buyers like you would want to be treated
- Managers: Strive to be more like Coaches and less Like Bosses
- For All: Take a consultative approach in selling. Learn your prospects business. Make sure you can Execute the “Connectivity Chain” from what you sell, to what the Customer is trying to accomplish from a Big Picture Basis.
It was a Packed Hour, and I hope you will listen to what we talked about. There are some valuable Lessons there, and there are from a Seller who is executing on a Day by Day, Account by Account, and Opportunity by Opportunity basis!