Not that is a Shock to the Readers of this Blog, but it seems to me that Some Sales people believe that they can go on doing what they are doing and not be impacted.
Not the case at all.
If you have been in Sales for a while, you are likely wondering what the Number of the Bus that hit you is. The entire world is changing and our Guest on my Radio Show – Sales Execution Optimization – The New SEO – CJ Warstler of Decisions Point Selling – talked about many issues surrounding sales teams, no matter the industry.
You can hear the Podcast here: https://goo.gl/clwszs
You can look up CJ and Decision Point Selling here: http://www.decisionpointselling.com
Change – it affects all of us Daily. In Sales, whether you are Experienced or New to the game, the Game has changed. I could say that at least once every 6 months and be right for Sellers.
Given that Change is all around us, how is a Seller or Manager to Handle it?
- Don’t Fight it. If you fight it, you are going make matters worse. Never Utter the words: “What I did before worked fine.” Change is here and it will keep coming at you. Those who Fight will be Miserable on a Full Time Basis
- Keep it Simple: Not to say Sales is Simple, but Sales People like Simple. Do not overcomplicate things like CRM and Compensation Plans
- For Sales Process and/or Sales Methodology, Everyone has to be on board, from the CEO on down. It is not Optional to not have Everyone involved in the Sales Process. From top to bottom, Everyone is IN. Your title may not say Sales, but Everyone is involved in the Process.
- Be Consistent: Doing Deal Reviews, Pipeline Review, and Forecast Reviews. Do not try to apply a Quick Fix to this Very Important area of Execution.
- Don’t be Reactive. Make decisions and move on. I am often asked to justify a Strategy I am suggesting. My Standard reply: “I am making the best Recommendation I can make based on the Information available.” There is NO such thing as a Perfect Decision because we don’t have Perfect Information.
So don’t ignore Change. Manage and Thrive with it!